Office Administrator/BookkeeperMassachusetts, USA
Here is an incredible opportunity to work with two Boston-based, high-growth companies focusing on unique, cutting edge renewable energy technologies; SmartFlower Solar, LLC (SFS), and its affiliate, Energy Management, Inc. (EMI). Through our innovative energy delivery solutions, we have introduced and developed game-changing technology for commercial, residential, and utility-scale renewable energy applications.
Office Administrator Job Responsibilities:
Energy Management/SmartFlower Solar is looking for a top-notch, intuitive, kind, intelligent Office Administrator with strong AP/AR skills to join our team.
To thrive in this role, you’ll need to love variety, work independently, communicate well, and be organized. You are also the director of first impressions so a friendly demeanor, a positive spirit and a “can-do” attitude are essential.
The right candidate will play an integral part in the day to day support and future growth of our company. This position will report to the Accounting Supervisor.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain excellent facilities – office cleanliness and organization
- Billing Support
- Setup new customers and vendors (working in conjunction with our sales, marketing, logistics and service teams)
- Assist accounts payables, including purchase orders, invoices, expense reports, etc; monitor accounts payable mailbox.
- Assist accounts receivable, including order confirmation, invoicing and payment reminders monitor accounts receivable mailbox
- Assist with weekly and monthly reporting, document filings, and reconciliations
- Schedule meetings and appointments; manage shared calendars
- Order kitchen/office supplies and equipment
- Maintain corporate documents such as contracts, NDAs, patents, trademarks etc.
- Distribute mail/packages/faxes /correspondence
- Assist HR with onboarding and exiting employees, updating and maintaining office policies
- Maintain and manage the company’s customer and vendor relationships/accounts
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment and software licenses
- General clerical duties including typing, scanning, filing, faxing, mailing
- Executive support including expense management and travel arrangements
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations, and conferences
- Other tasks/projects as assigned
- Associate/Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years of office administration/bookkeeping experience
- Experience with standard office operations and equipment
- Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)-familiarity with PC & Mac
- Command of verbal and written English
- Able to learn on-the-job with increasing independence
- Punctual, organized, resourceful, flexible
- Able to lift approximately 20 pounds
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and proactively on multiple projects
- Prior experience in office or administrative position
- Notary Public
- Experience with Salesforce CRM & Microsoft Dynamics GP (or similar accounting software)
- Interest in the renewable energy sector
Term of Employment: Full time (40 hours per week)
Compensation: Salary plus Medical, Dental Benefits, 401k
This position is in Boston, MA at the Park Plaza (Back Bay) with easy access to public transportation. The work schedule is typical 9:00AM -5:30PM. This position offers a terrific opportunity to be part of a dynamic team who will value your ideas and contributions towards our success. Please see our websites for additional details on the company: www.smartflower.com and www.emienergy.com.
Energy Management, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. Energy Management, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which non-US work visa sponsorship will be providedDownload full job description here