Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable ClerkMassachusetts, USA
Here is an incredible opportunity to work with two Boston-based, high-growth companies focusing on unique, cutting edge renewable energy technology; SmartFlower Solar, LLC (SFS) and its affiliate, Energy Management, Inc. (EMI). Through our innovative energy delivery solutions, we have introduced and developed game changing technology for commercial, residential, and utility scale renewable energy applications.
The AP/AR clerk will be responsible for the day-to-day entry of payables, processing and confirming new customer orders, as well as setting up and maintaining customer and vendor files. This person may also be tasked with generating financial reports/schedules on a regular and as needed basis. This position will report to the Accounting Supervisor.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing, approving and processing payables, including invoices, expense reports etc.
- Processing purchase requisitions, generating purchase orders and processing for approval/submittal to vendors
- Request and collect information from new vendors/customers and enter into CRM and accounting systems; coordinate with marketing, service and logistics team to ensure vital information is collected and forwarded to the correct team
- Processing new customer orders and transfer from our CRM into our accounting platform
- Issue order confirmations
- Preparing trade/credit applications for new vendor accounts
- Send monthly customer statements
- Generating one-off and scheduled financial reports, supporting schedules, as requested
- Participating in special projects as required
- Tracking customer receipts on open orders and notifying related departments
- Associates/Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Bookkeeping or related field
- 1-3 years bookkeeping experience
- Familiar with accounting systems (such as Microsoft Dynamics GP, QuickBooks)
- Familiar with CRM software, such as Salesforce
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, and experience with formulas, Pivot Tables, etc.
- Command of verbal and written English
- High attention to detail
- Able to analyze and synthesize data
- Able to learn on-the-job with increasing independence
- Punctual, organized, resourceful, flexible
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and proactively on multiple projects
Term of Employment: Full time (40 hours per week)
Compensation: Salary plus Medical, Dental Benefits, 401k
This position is in Boston, MA at the Park Plaza (Back Bay) with easy access to public transportation. The work schedule is typical 9:00AM -5:30PM. SFS and EMI are unique renewable energy companies with exciting game-changing technologies and delivery systems. This position offers a terrific opportunity to be part of a dynamic team who will value your ideas and contributions towards SFS and EMI’s success. Please see our websites for additional information about the companies: www.smartflower.com ; www.emienergy.com .
SFS and EMI are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. SmartFlower Solar will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which non-US work visa sponsorship will be provided.Download full job description here