Accounting AssociateMassachusetts, USA
Date: May 17, 2023
Job Title: Accounting Associate
Great opportunity to work with SmartFlower Solar, LLC (SFS), a Boston-based, high-tech company focusing on unique, cutting-edge solar energy technology. Through our innovative energy delivery solutions, we have introduced and developed game changing solar technology for commercial, residential and municipal renewable energy applications.
The individual will be responsible for the day-to-day entry of accounts payable, accounts receivable and sales order transactions and confirming new global customer orders. Responsibilities will also include setting up and maintaining customer and vendor files. This person may also be tasked with generating financial reports/schedules on a regular and as needed basis. This position will report to the Accounting Supervisor.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Processing new customer orders and transferring data from our CRM system into our accounting platform; issuing order confirmations, payment confirmations, sales invoices, and payment reminders
- Reviewing and process accounts payable transactions, including invoices and expense reports.
- Processing purchase requisitions, generating purchase orders for approval and submission to vendors
- Recording all transactions for company debit card and reconciling month end balances
- Request and collect information from new vendors/customers and enter information into Salesforce CRM and accounting systems, including sales tax exemption forms, certificate of insurance and W-9s; ensuring documents and customer/vendor files are up to date.
- Coordinate with sales/marketing, service and logistics teams to ensure vital information is collected and forwarded to the correct team during sales order process.
- Preparing trade/credit applications as required for new vendor accounts
- Send monthly customer statements and following up with past due accounts
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly reports for Value Added Tax and Sales Tax filings
- Generating one-off and scheduled financial reports and supporting schedules, as requested
- Participating in special projects as required
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-3 years Accounting or Bookkeeping experience
- Familiar with accounting systems (such as Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics 365, QuickBooks)
- Familiar with CRM software, such as Salesforce
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, and experience with formulas, Pivot Tables, and other functions
- Command of verbal and written English language
- High attention to detail
- Able to analyze and synthesize data
- Able to learn on-the-job with increasing independence
- Punctual, organized, resourceful, flexible
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and proactively on multiple projects
Term of Employment: Permanent full- time position
Compensation: Competitive salary plus Medical, Dental Benefits, 401k
This position will be primarily based in our offices in Boston, MA at the Park Plaza (Back Bay) with easy access to public transportation. There will also be the opportunity to work remotely. The work schedule is typical 8:30AM -5:00PM. SFS and EMI are unique renewable energy companies with exciting game-changing technologies and delivery systems. This position offers a terrific opportunity to be part of a dynamic team who will value your ideas and contributions towards SFS’s success. Please see our websites for additional information about the companies: www.smartflower.com.
SFS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. SmartFlower Solar will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which non-US work visa sponsorship will be provided.
Download full job description here